“My family has been members of the Allandale community since 1978, building strong roots and relationships with our neighbours, and local business owners. My wife and I are also local business owners who have proudly invested in our community. I believe we share many similar values, most importantly as families and as home owners; We all desire to have a vibrant and healthy community.”
Arif Khan is a business owner in ward 8. His brokerage portfolio encompasses both commercial and personal clients. With solutions based ideology and a professional business background in finance and economics, his company provides solutions to support small and medium sized business growth, as well as personal financial goals. His career has been a valuable asset in working with council members, bringing with him an understanding of the sometimes complex budget process and financial implications, and an ability to find financially viable solutions to encourage responsible governance. Arif believes in managing the inevitable growth of our city responsibly, to ensure that new growth is well planned with complete communities in mind, and that forward thinking is applied. He further seeks to ensure that new growth does not overshadow the current demands of our existing neighbourhoods. Arif believes that remaining true to core values and basic principals will ensure that our city remains the wonderful place we call home.
Arif Khan has been representing Ward 8 since December 2012. He was elected at the age of 41 and has a wife, and 2 daughters. Throughout Arif’s initial campaign, he conducted an active listening tour to hear your concerns, prioritize your interests, and commit to finding fiscally responsible solutions for our city. This has not changed since his election to council. He has continued to meet with residents on a regular basis, and worked with them to find solutions. As a result; numerous concerns have been addressed, many challenges mediated successfully, and long overdue infrastructure renewal projects are finally under-way.
Arif serves on numerous committees of Council
- Community Services Committee
- Environmental Advisory Committee
- Government Affairs
- Barrie Chamber of Commerce
- County of Simcoe – Human Services
- International Relations Committee
- Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority & Efficiency Audit Sub-Committee
Arif has also enjoyed participating in these other organizations and committees
- Children’s Aid Foundation – Trustee
- Barrie Out Of The Cold – Team Lead
- I’m a Smart Kid – Co-Chair
- Sponsorships for local community agencies
- Coach and Sponsor of youth sports
- Promotes a hands-on approach.
- Visible in the community.
- Accessible by phone, email, in person, and regular town hall meetings.
- Strong communicator who actively mediates with parties to deliver positive results.
- Investing time, energy, and raising money for initiatives that matter.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Arif immediately.