Re-Elect Your Councillor who has delivered on a commitment to engage the community, produce cost-effective solutions, and enhance the quality of life for our residents. I live, work and invest in Ward 8. Let’s keep the momentum going!
- Increased the level of engagement with Barrie Police and our community on crime and public safety initiatives.
- Improved awareness on community safety issues, and proactive policing strategies have contributed to Barrie being named “Canada’s Safest City”.
- Upgrading roads, bike lanes, sidewalks. improved traffic calming.
- Delivered a signalized crosswalk to get children to school safely, at Bayview and Springhome.
- Facilitated extensive dialogue in order to avoid the OMB – Rawson Road redi-mix plant
Stronger Local Economy
- Barrie is becoming a hub for entrepreneurs and innovators. I will continue to support programs that help local businesses succeed.
- Barrie’s 5.8% unemployment rate beat the provincial and national average.
- Worked to secure the recently announced 83,000 sq. ft. medical arts campus coming to Ward 8.
A leaner city. A leaner city hall
- Committed to running an efficient operation and to being innovative.
- Focused on the basics. Council delivered operational savings, and reduced debt by over $11 million dollars.
- Streamlining administration through more efficient business processes
- Renewed incentives to encourage growth in the industrial sector.
- Worked with our economic development team to showcase local talent through our Train in Trades program.
- Continue to encourage a university campus that will produce qualified candidates that employers seek.
- Endorsed the joint First Responders Campus concept – a first-in-Canada partnership between levels of government,
saving Barrie millions of dollars.
- Support the joint social services model to assist Barrie’s most vulnerable residents.
- Negotiated a suitable planning outcome for Allandale residents on Cumberland St.
- Facilitated extensive dialogue in order to avoid the OMB – Rawson Road redi-mix plant.
- Developed a transit plan to service the Barrie Community Health Centre and residents at Huronia and Lockhardt
- Developing programs for youths that build solid character and leadership skills.
- Increasing services that enhance the physical, mental and emotional quality of life for seniors.
- Pursue a provincial partnership to deliver an affordable housing strategy